Name: KAJAL KR SAHA
Designation: Part Time Teacher (Govt. Approved),
Department of English,
Berhampore Girls’ College,
WB 742101, India.
Whats app / Mobile No: 9126905799
Email ID: email@example.com
- M.A. in English, 2009, CSJM University, Kanpur, UP, India.
- B.A. (HONS) in English, Berhampore College (under University of Kalyani), Berhampore, Murshidabad, WB, India.
- NET Qualified in 2014.
- August 2009 – Present; Part Time Teacher (Govt. Approved), Department of English (Both in UG and PG), Berhampore Girls’ College.
- November 2009 – November 2011; Guest Lecturer, Department of English, Lalgola College.
- Apart from the above, I have worked as a Guest Lecturer in MCET (BBA-MBA Campus)
and as a soft-skill developer (2012).
- Worked as an Examiner and Scrutineer under the University of Kalyani.
Area of Teaching:
- Indian English Literature and Translation of Classic Indian Literature into English,
- Post-Colonial Theories,
- American Transcendentalism, especially R W Emerson,
- British Romantic Poets
Indian Mythology and History.
Extra-curricular Activity/ Personal Achievements:
- Worked as a chief Editor of a Bengali Little Magazine of Poetry, “Jolchobi”(2004-2006),
- Presently working as a member of Editorial Board of a Bengali Magazine of poetry, “Ekushe Kobita” (Title Code:WBBIL01840)
List of Publications:
- Kajal Kr Saha, “The Immortals of Meluha: Reconstructing Indian Mythology”; “Anweshan”, ISBN 978-81-927259-3-2.
- Kajal Kr Saha, “The Relevance of Sanskrit in the Modern Civilization: An Overview”; “Relevance of Sanskrit Education in Modern India”, ISBN 978-9384383-82-4.
- A number of poems and short stories found their place in different esteemed literary magazines Anthologies.
Paper Presented in Seminar/Cnferences:
- Kajal Kr Saha, ‘An Understanding of Defoe’s Unique Technique of Realism’, UGC Sponsored National Level Seminar on “Bastabatar Darpan- Sahityer Alinda (Reflection of Reality in Literature)” (on 24th and 25th February 2017), organized by Murshidabad Adarsha Mahabidyalaya, Islampur, Murshidabad, in collaboration with Domkal College, Basantapur, Murshidabad.
- Kajal Kr Saha, ‘The Status of Woman in Ancient India and Present Turning of Woman Empowerment: A Brief Understanding’, UGC Sponsored Seminar on “Politics and Otherness: Feminist Approach in Indian Perspective”(on 27th and 28th February, 2017), organized by Murshidabad Adarsha Mahabidyalaya, Islampur, Murshidabad, in collaboration with Jatindra Rajendra Mahabidyalaya, Amtala, Murshidabad, WB.
- Kajal Kr Saha, ‘Globalization and the Standard of Beauty in Present Indian Urban Girls’, UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Ethics of Globalization: Prospects and Premonitions” (on 20th and 21st August 2016), Organised by Department of Philosophy, Murshidabad Adarsha Mahabidyalaya,Islampur, Murshidabad, in collaboration with Nagar College, Nagar, Murshidabad.
- Kajal Kr Saha, ‘Vasudheva Kutumbakam: An Indian Understanding of Globalization’, An International Seminar on “Ekush Satak:Bangla O Baggali” (on 6th and 7th March, 2018), Organised by Department of Bengali, Berhampore Girls’ College, Berhampore, Murshidabad.
- Kajal Kr Saha, ‘The Relevance of Sanskrit in the Modern Civilization: An Overview’, UGC Sponsored Two Days National Seminar on “Relevance of Sanskrit Education in Modern India” (on 18th and 19th March, 2017), Organized by Department of Sanskrit, Berhampore College, Berhampore, Murshidabad, WB.
- “Agnisnan Ebang”, A Historical Thriller, ISBN: 978-93-89963-25-0