- Postdoctoral Fellow: (2015-present), School of Pharmaceutical Science, State Key Laboratory of Oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, P R China.
Research supervisor: Prof. Peng Huang.
- Assistant Professor in chemistry (June 2017-present) and head of the Department of Geography (Jan 2018–present) Berhampore Girls College, Berhampore, Murshidabad, West Bengal-742101, India.
- PhD in Chemistry (2009-2015), Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, W.B., India
- Thesis Title: “Studies towards the Total Synthesis of some piperidine alkaloids”
- Research supervisor: Shital. K Chattopadhyay,
- Master of Science (M.Sc., Chemistry, Org. Spc., 2007-2009), First class, University of Kalyani, India
- MS Thesis: Design and synthesis of dimeric liquid crystals.
- Instructor: Brindaban Roy
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc., Chemistry, 2003-2007), Second class, 1st rank in Kandi Raj College, University of Kalyani, India.
- Higher Secondary (10+2)th level 2003, Science, West Bengal. India.
- Madhyamik 10th level 2001, Science, humanities and language groups, First division, West Bengal.
Awards and Scholarships:
- “Postdoctoral fellowship” from Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Center and Govt. of China and school of pharmaceutical science Sun Yat-Sen University.
- “Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)” Awarded Junior Research Fellowship (2009-2011) and Awarded Senior Research Fellowship (2011-2014), CSIR, Govt. of India.
- “Merit-cum-mean Scholarship” 2007-2009, by Govt. Of India.
- “Middle Scholarship” examination (8th ranked in State W.B.) 1996, of India.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET-CSIR) December 2008.
- Qualified GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2009
Synthetic chemistry skills including:
Multistep organic synthesis in Carbohydrate, Alkaloid and amino acids chemistry
Reactions with air-, light-, moisture-sensitive and hazardous compounds,
Performing reactions under inert atmosphere,
Column chromatography purification of complex stereoisomeric mixtures,
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) analysis,
Use of microwave synthesizer and a sonicator.
Analytical and other chemistry skills including:
Proficient in chemistry databases SciFinder, Reaxys, Scopus and chemistry
related Computer packages like CS-Chem Draw, Chem.-3D etc.
Analysis of complicated organic structures by 1H, 13C, COSY, NOESY, HSQC,
DEPT NMR spectroscopy, FT-IR spectroscopy, HRMS spectroscopy.
SEM micrograph analysis of organo gel.
Knowledge of Techniques and expertise in handling instruments like IR (Perkin),
NMR (Brucker-400 & 500 MHz), Polari meter (Rudolph) and HPLC (Shimadzu).
- “Enantiodivergent synthetic entry to the quinolizidine alkaloid lasubine II”, Saha, N.; Biswas.T.; Chattopadhyay. S. K., Lett. 2011, 13, 5128.
- “Enantiodivergency and enantioconvergency in the synthesis of dendrabate alkaloid 241D”. Saha, N.; Chattopadhyay. S. K., Org. Chem. 2012, 77, 11056.
- “Enantioselective synthesis of polyhydroxylated indolizidone and quinolizidone”, Saha, N.; Chattopadhyay. S. K. Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2014, 10, 3104–3110.
- “δ,ε-Unsaturated α,β –diamino acids as new building blocks for the asymmetric synthesis of diverse α,β – diamino acids”, Saha, N.; Chatterjee, B.; Chattopadhyay, S. K. Org. Chem, 2015, 80, 1896-1904.
- “Sodium tungstate-mediated Oxidations”, Saha, N. Signpost Open Access J. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 3, 38-
- “Domino Carbopalladation/C−H Activation as a Quick Access to Polycyclic Frameworks”, Saha, N.; Wang, H.; Zhang, S.; Du, Y.; Zhu, ; Hu, Y.; Huang, P.; Wen, S., Org. Lett. 2018, 20, 712.
- International Seminer on “Drug design and medicinal chemistry 2017”, Sun-Yat-sen University, Guangdong, P.R. china.
- International Conference on “Chemistry 2016”, Shenzen University, Guangdong, P.R. china.
- International Seminar on “Second UK -India MedChem Congress 2013”, CSIR-Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India (March 22-23, 2013).
- National Seminar on “Current Trends in Chemistry-VI”, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal, India (March 2, 2012).
- National Seminar on “Chemistry for a Better world”, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal, India (March 29, 2011).
- National Seminar on “Current Trends in Chemistry-V”, University of Kalyani, Kalyani, West Bengal, India (February 25, 2011).
- National Seminar on “Current Trends in Chemistry-IV”, Kalyani University, Kalyani, West Bengal, India (February 26, 2010).
- Title of poster: “Periodic Trend: a novel journey of elements to the modern science” in national level “Science Academics Lecture Workshop on Understanding the Nut and Bolts of Chemistry 2019”, awarded best poster award. Krishnagar Govt. College, West Bengal, India.
- Title of poster: “Diversity Oriented Synthesis of Aminocyclopentitol and Aminocyclohexitol Derivatives as Potential Glycosidase Inhibitors”, in the 2nd UK–India MedChem Congress 2013, CSIR–Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India.
- Asymmetric synthesis
- Development of new synthetic methodologies
- Drug design and development