Address : 83/1/B, Old Police Road,
Gorabazar, P.O. Berhampore,
West Bengal, India PIN 742101,
Mobile No. : 9563467211, 9932272290,
Date of Birth : 15.10.1958
Academic qualification : M.A., Ph.D.
Present Position & Designation : Associate Professor of History
Ph.D. Research Supervisor : Supervisor of research works leading to Ph.D. Degree (Regular) in the University of Kalyani,
Two Ph.D. Scholars have already submitted thesis, other Scholars have achieved considerable progress in the research.
Teaching experience : 36+ years.
Research experience : More than 30 years.
Post-Doctoral research : UGC MRP on Agricultural Economy and Peasants’ Resistance Movements, 1947-1977.
Awards & Honours :
- Bisesh Ramendra Samman (Ramendra Honour of Distinction), 2013
- Nazrul Puruskar ( Nazrul Award for outstanding contribution to Research in History and to Literature), 2016
- Honour of Distinction for outstanding contributions to the Researches in History, 2017 given by Murshidabad Itihas o Sanskriti Charcha Kendra, Murshidabad, Berhampore, West Bengal
- Special Honour outstanding contributions to the Researches in Local History, 2019 given by Murshidabad Itihas Charcha Kendra, Murshidabad, Berhampore, West Bengal
Associated with the academic Bodies :
- Life Member of Indian History Congress,
- Life Member of Pashchim Banga Itihas Samsad,
- Life Member of Institute of Historical Studies,
- Life Member, Suchintan, Garia Suchintan Society for Culture,
- Ex-Executive Member of Pashchim Banga Itihas Samsad, Kolkata,
- President of the Netaji Foundation, Murshidabad District Committee. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Member of Itihas Academy, Life Member of Itihas Samity
- Life Member of Itihas Parishad, Bangladesh
Academic activities including publications of books and articles, participation in the Seminars, Conferences, Symposiums, Workshops etc.
Publications of books
- Indian Freedom Movement and Murshidabad District, 1905-1947 Published K.P Bagchi & Co., Kolkata, 2008. With a publication grant from Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR), New Delhi, (Vide-F. No.1-181/04-(Aca-VII) The book has been reviewed by Prof. Soumendra Kumar Gupta with high appreciation with the title Grantha Samalochona: Murshiadabad-Charchai Ekti Asadharan Gabeshanar Sangjojan in Amader Barta, 16.08.2009, Berhampore, MSD, WB
- India’s Glorious Struggle for Freedom: The Role of Krishnath College and Revolutionary Movement in Murshidabad-1903-1947, 2004 (in Bengali) A book by the Author (Applicant).
- Netaji Subhas Candra and Murshidabad (with a set of unpublished documents) in Bengali)A book published by the Author,2006
- A book entitled Ramendrasundar Jibankatha written by Ashutosh Bajpayee in 1923, The book has been edited; published by K.P.M., Kolkata, 2006
Publication of Articles:
- Freedom Struggle Through Judicial Trials: The Jiaganj (W.B.) Rice Looting Case, a research paper published in ITHAS DARPAN, a Biannual-Multilingual History Research Journal Volume2, Number 1, January-June, 2007, page 35-43, Published from Aurangabad, Mharastra/ R.N.I NO. MAHMUL/2006/18208
- The Great Revolt of 1857 and Berhampore: A Forgotten Golden Saga of the19th Bengal Native Infantry, published in ITHAS DARPAN, Volume2, Number 2, July-December, 2007, page 1-11. a Biannual-Multilingual History Research Journal published from Aurangabad, Mharastra/ R.N.I NO. MAHMUL/2006/18208
- 1857: Sepoy Mutiny or War of Independence? Exploring the Truth through Terminological Observation,published in the Commemoration Volume Book, Kolkata, 2009, entitled Continuities of Civil Rebellion in Indian Mutinies, published by Institute of Historical Studies, pages 10-24
- Exploring Indo-Islamic Science and Technology in Ancient and Medieval Periods, a research paper presented at the National Seminar on “Science and Technology in Ancient India and their Relevance in Modern Modern Times”, organized University of Lucknow, Lucknow, UP. held on 15-16 February 2014, published in the Proceedings Volume.
- Contributions of Murshidabad in the National Movements: a study in Historiography State Level seminar , 06.09.2013, Murshidabad: from Locality to Nation, Bengal District in Transition. Organized by Krishnath College, to be published in the Proceedings Volume, Dr. Md. Khairul Anam
- Political Philosophy of Rabindranath Tagore, a research paper presented at the National Seminar “Celebration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore”, Institute of Historical Studies, Kolkata, 3rd & 4th March, 2012, published in the proceedings volume.
- Indigo Cultivation and Indigo Revolt, 1859-1860, in a Bengal District: Murshidabad, a research paper presented at the National Seminar International Seminar on Ancient, Medieval, Modern History, Culture and Tradition, organized by the Itihas Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh on 18.02.2011, published in the proceedings proceedings volume.
- BENGAL PROVINCIAL CONFERENCES: EXPLORING THE HISTORY OF RAJSHAHI’S PATICIPATION, 1888-1931 a research paper presented at the International Seminar on “Rajshahi City: Past and Present” held on 15-16, January 2010, Institute of Bangladesh Studies, Rajshahi University. Published in the proceedings volume.
- Peasant Movement in Post-Independence India:A Survey on the District of Murshidabad, 1947-77, (in Bengali) a research paper presented at the Paschim Banga Ithas Samsad, Session 2009, Published in the Proceedings Volume, Itihas Anusandhan, No. 24, Edited by Manju Chattopadhyaya, published by Paschim Banga Ithas Samsad, Kolkata, 2010, pp. 555-575.
- Liberation Struggle in Bengal and Educational Institutions: A Case Study on Krishnath College, , 1903-1947, a research paper presented at the International Seminar held on27-28 June, 2009, on Twentieth Century Bengal, Institute of Bangladesh Studies, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, published in Twenteeth Century Bengal, Seminar Volume, 2010, ISBN 978-984-33-1492-5, pp. 722-729.
- , HISTORY IN NATIONALIST LITERATURE: A CASE STUDY ON KRISHNATH COLLEGE MAGAZINE, 1930-1947, Full paper presented at the 46th Annual Conference of Institute of Historical Studies, L.J.N.J. Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Vile Parle (East), MUMBAI-400057 on held 09-11 August, 2009, published in the proceedings.
- The Nature of Impact of the Quit India Movement in Murshidabad, a research paper presented at the 15th Biennial National Conference and International Seminar Organized by Bangladesh History Association at Dhaka University, 27-29 March, 2008 Published in the proceedings volume.
- The Great Revolt of 1857 and Hindu-Muslim Harmony : A Case Study on Murshidabad, a research paper presentation and slide-show by a Projector and acted as the Convener Great Revolt of 1857: The Nature of Peoples Participation, Organized by Berhampore Girls’ College as par the guidelines of the Kalyani University for celebrating 1857, on16.01.2008.
- The Great Revolt of 1857: Terminating the Debates on its Nature, a research paper presented at the International Seminar held on 150th Anniversary of 1857, organized by Department of History, Rasjshahi University,on 04.11.2007, published in the proceedings volume.
- The First Phase of Indian National Congress and Bengal Provincial Conferences: Berhampore Sessions, 1895 &1903(in Bengali ), a research paper presented at the 23rd Session of the Pashchim Banga Itihas Samsad, 2007, held 24-26, January, 2007, paper published in the Proceedings Volume of the Pashchim Banga Itihas Samsad, 2007, page-541-552.
- THE Salt Satyagraha Movement,1930-31: A Case Study on the Nature of its Impact on Murshidabad (WB), A research paper presented at the 68th Session of Indian History Congress, held at Delhi University, on 29-31, December, 2007, Indian History Congress Proceedings Volume of 68th Session of Indian History Congress, 2008.
- Hindu-Muslim Relations in Undivided Bengal: A Case Study on the Golden Heritage of Communal Harmony of Murshidabad, 1905-1947, the Research Paper presented at the 5th International Conference of History, held on 2007, Jagannath University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, organized by the BANGLADESH ITIHAS ACADEMY, Published in the Proceedings Volume of the Internationa Seminar, entitled Itihas: Samakalin Aitihasikder Kalame….07, Historical Journal, …07, Edited by Professor Samina Sultana, published by Department of History and Islamic History and Culture Jagannath University and Itihas Academy, Dhaka, Bangladesh, ISSN 1995-1000.
- The Beginning of the Great Mutiny of 1857 at Berhampore (W.B.) and Political Consciousness of the People of the District of Murshidabad, a research paper presented at the 150th Anniversary National Sseminar on The Great Revolt of 1857, on 26-27 April, 2007, organized by the Department of History, Jadavpur University, published in the proceedings Volume.
- Berhampore (W.B.) and the Great Revolt of 1857: Forgotten Contribution of the 19th Regiment of Native Infantry aresearch paper presented at the 38th (7th ) Annual Conference held at the Students-Teachers’ Centre, Dhaka University on the 6-7 April, 2007, organized by Itihas Parishad, Dhaka University on the 6-7 April, 2007, published in the proceedings Volume.
Publications in Local Journals
- Bharater Swadhinata O Jatiyatabadi Sahitya : A Sameeksha of the Krishnath College Magazine, 1931-1947, published in Murshidabad Beekshan a fortnightly, the subject is being published in its successive issues for near about one year, edited by Dipankar Chakraborty, Berhampore, Murshidabad, W.B, The subject has been published in its successive issues of the fortnightly from 20th November, 2005 to 20th April, 2006 and next serial issues of the writing continued to be published in AMADER BARTA, a Weekly , edited by DR. Bablul Islam, Berhampore, from 1st November, 2009 to 31st January, 2010. Dr. Md. Khairul Anam
- Bharatiya Jatiya andoloner Ek Aitihasik Dalil: Moulavi Abdus Samad Saheber Bhashan, 1931: Gbeshak ebong Sangrahak, Publication of a very important Historical Document in Amader Bartam edited by DR. Bablul Islam, Berhampore, 06th, 13th and 20th September 4th October, 2009
- Prasanga ‘Amader Barta’, published in Amader Barta’, Criticism and evaluation of the paper, on 26.07.2009
Lecture/ Speech Delivered as an Invitee Resource Person or Chief Speaker in different Seminars etc.
- Rbindranather Swadesh-chetana Viswamanabiktai Uttaran.A Lecture delivered as the Chief Speaker/Resource Person in a Seminar organized by Krimpur College, on the topic entitled Rbindranath: Swadeshikata and Viswamanabikta, organized by the History Department of History, Karim College, Nadia, W.B. on 22.09.2010, Wednesday.
- Exploring the Nature of Revolutionary Movement, 1902-1936: the Need of Change of Hearts, a Speach delivered at a Seminar on the topic Revolutionary Movement in India: Bengal Perspective as a Invitee Chief Speaker/Resource, organized by the Department of History, Karimpur College, Nadia, Murshidabad, 26.09.2008.
- Monumental Heritage of India & Sit and Draw Competition, Photograph Exibhition, Speech delivered as an Invitee Chief Guest on15.08.2008 organised by Archaeological Survey of India, Kolkatta Circle at Hajarduari Palace, Murshidabad on the occasion of 62nd Independence Day Celebration.
- Seminar on the 150th Anniversary of 1857, organized by Jangipur College, Jangipur, Murshidabad, delivered speech as an Invitee Chief Speaker on 24.01.2008.
- Seminar on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s Approach to Industry & Its Relevance in the Context of the Present Political Situation, organised by Netaji Subhas Foundation, Murshidabad Committee, a Speech delivered as Invitee Chief Speaker, 23.01.2008.
- Seminar on The Great Revolt of 1857-Its Perspective & Relevance organized by Raja Birendra Chandra College, on 22.01.2008, a Speech delivered as one of the Invitee Chief Speakers/ Resource Persons.
- Seminar on 150 years of 1857 entitled Smriti O Itihas, organized by Subhas Chandra Bose Centenary College, Lalbag, Murshidabad, on 12.01.2008, a Speech delivered as one of the Invitee Chief Speakers/ Resource Persons.
- Seminar on Historical Sites of Rajshahi Bangladesh, organized by Prafulla Chandra College, Kolakta, on10.12.2007, attended and a talk was delivered on the visit of historical siltes of Bangladesh by group of historians.
- The Role of Jugantar Party in India’s Freedom Movement a Speach delivered at a Invitee Speaker on a broadcast of All India Radio, Murshidabad, on 04.09.1997.
- The Revolutionary Movements (Revolt & Rebellions) in the Late 18th and 19th Centuries, a Speech broadcast on the All India Radio, Murshidabad as an Invitee Speaker, on 26.03.1997 All India Radio, Murshidaba.
WORKSHOPS, SYMPOSIUMS, SEMINARS ETC. ATTENDED ONLY
- Attended and presented a paper on the Khilaphat Movement in the Seminar held in the Local History Journal Conference organized by the Bangladesh History Archives Heritage, Rajshahi, Bangladesh, held on 5th & 6th July, 2019.
- National Seminar on Women Empowerment and Rural Development: The Role of Microfinance, organized by the Department of Economics and Political Science, Berhampore Girls’ College, 23-24 November, 2013, attended.
- State Level Seminar on Advancement of Biological Science Towards Sustainable development organized by the Department of Zoology, Berhampore Girls’ College, 29.-30 March, 2012, attended. –
- National Seminar on Cultural Studies: Theories and Praxes, organiized by the Department of English, Berhampore Girls’ College, 21-22 September, 2013.
- Workshop on Writing Economic History, Institute of Development Studies, Kolkata, on, 8th December, 2010, attended.
- Awareness Programme on Heritage, organized by Berhampore Municipality, on 17.05.2007, attended.
- International Seminar on Renaissance Reborn, organized by the School of Cultural Texts and Records, Jadavpur University, 8-10 March, 2007, attended.-
- Attended National Seminar–cum-Workshop on Evaluation System at Undergraduate Level, Xavier’s College, Kolkata, on 1st and 2nd April, 2007.
- UGC Sponsored Seminar on “Rights and Opportunities of the Disadvantaged Groups in Indian society: Problems and Prospects” Organized by the Equal Opportunity Centre, Berhampore Girls’ College, on 19.01.2013. attended
- Seminar on Indo- Bangladesh Relation: Issues, Problems and Recent Developments, 7-8 Sept., 2013, organized by Krishnath College, participated.
Coordinating, Conducting, Organizing Seminars Etc.
- Acted as Convener International Seminar on Literature, Culture and Society: Interrelations and the Search for Identity, held on the Solemn Occasion of the Observance of Platinum Jubilee of Berhampore Girls’ College organized by Department of Bengali , Department of English and Department of History, Berhampore Girls’ College in Collaboration with Department of Bengali, Department of English and Department of History University of Kalyani, Kalvani, Nadia and Sponsored and Funded by MAULANA ABUL KALAM AZAD INSTITUTE OF ASIAN STUDIES (MAKAIAS) An Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Culture, Govt, of India) and Department of Higher, Government of West Bengal.
- Revolt of 1857- Exploring the Nature of Peoples’ Participation, worked as Coordinator, of the Seminar held on 16-.01.2008, organized by Berhampore Girls’ College.
- Seminar Indigo Revolt, worked as Coordinator, of the Seminar held on 2009, organized by Berhampore Girls’ Colleg 2009.
- Seminar on Society, Science and History, organized by the Department of History, 6th February, 2009, Conducted.